So you thought you could use the Exchange Server 2003 recovery group to recover a deleted public folder? Sorry to tell you that you can’t. The Exchange recovery group is only for Mailboxes, not public folders. So how do you restore it? Unless you have a backup program like Brightstor or Veritas, with the appropriate agents then you have these options.
1. Attempt a restore of the deleted folder.
2. Click on the button for public folders and it will open up a new windows with the public folder structure.
3. Browse to the parent folder of the deleted item, right click on the parent public folder and select “Open in New…”
4. Change the URL from http://servername/public/toplevel/subfolder/?cmd=content
to http://servername/public/toplevel/subfolder/?cmd=showdeleted&btnClose=1 (replacing servername with the name of your server).
4. Find the deleted folder, highlight the folder, and click Recover.