This is always a work in progress but I’ll start by listing out my current top 10 business books and then if this changes over time I’ll republish them. I do read a lot of books and it takes something pretty special to break into this top 10 so I can’t see it changing that much. However, I certainly recommend each and every one of these books as an absolute must read for anyone and especially anyone running a business.
You can follow all the books I read and want to read over at Goodreads where I have an account. You can also view my activity via:
or just follow me on Facebook:
Here’s my current top 10 in order:
1. The Art of War – Sun Tzu
The all time classic on strategy. As relevant today as it ever was. A very short read but very deep.
2. The Millionaire Fastlane – M.J. DeMarco
I love the brutal honesty of this book. It doesn’t mince words about what it takes to shift from a pay check to actually living the life you want.
3. The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
The world is all about not what you know but who you know. This book explains exactly how this works and how to use it to your advantage.
4. The Four Hour Work Week - Tim Ferriss
Many people believe this book is about shirking responsibility. It is in fact a blueprint for how to free up your time to do things you want and enjoy. It will challenge the way you look at your career.
5. Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth - T. Harv Eker
Successful are defined by a different mindset. This mindset can be learned. It can be trained. This is a great book to show you how to do just that.
6. Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling - Michael Port, Tim Sanders
You can’t survive in business without a steady flow of customers. Selling people is the wrong approach, you instead need to attract them to your business. This book helps you achieve exactly that.
7. Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level - Mark Divine
Another mindset book. Business is not always going to be easy or take the intended route. This is when you need to have the determination to see your plans through to success. This book shows you how to develop the mental toughness to make this happen.
8. The E-Myth – Michael Gerber
The classic on ‘procedurising’ your business and creating a structure that doesn’t need you to survive. The simple secrets inside this book can transform any business from hardship to joy.
9. Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine - Mike Michalowicz
Business is about making a profit. This then gives you the freedom to do what you want with that profit. This book helps you focus on profit and setting up systems to make the most of the profit you generate.
10. The School of Greatness: A Real-World Guide to Living Bigger, Loving Deeper, and Leaving a Legacy - by Lewis Howes
A great summary book of many of the things you need to remember when it comes to leading a successful life. This book nicely encapsulates most.
These books make my top 10 list because I have read them all multiple times and continue to do so. No matter how many times I read them I always get something from them.
Let me know what you think. Do these work for you? What’s your top 10? I’d love to hear.